Rooftop Roots is a 51% Black Owned small business (EME) that offers South African businesses a range of benefits in terms of their B-BBEE scorecard. We are well aligned for Enterprise Development, Supplier Development, and Socio-Economic Development funding and can offer maximal points in these areas.
In addition to compliance benefits, we feel our venture is truly unique in its impact, with the following key value adds:
• All natural, pesticide free farming
• Water based farming that is radically more water efficient than traditional farming methods
• Low need for electricity and solar heating of water tanks
• Upskilling and job creation for previously disadvantaged individuals
• Affordable and healthy produce for low income, food-insecure, urban markets
• Wider community engagement and education in sustainable urban living To find out more, please contact us!